Sascha Roos is an author and dyslexia specialist supporting people with the challenges of dyslexia for over 15 years. She has a well-established private practice, and an approach that encourages the strengths and abilities of the dyslexic individual. Sascha is a member of the Dyslexia Association of Ireland and the Institute of Guidance Counsellors. She has had several articles on dyslexia published by national dyslexia associations, including Britain, Australia and Ireland, as well as a blog on study skills for dyslexic students for a leading study skills website.
Sascha continues to work to transform the negative attitudes towards dyslexia, to raise expectations and to change the language around this learning difference. Her guide book for parents, ‘At Home with Dyslexia: A Parent’s Guide to Supporting your Child’, was published in August 2018.
Sascha is originally from Cambridge, with a background in English and Drama and an MA from Goldsmiths’ College, London. She lives in Cork in the Republic of Ireland.
- Individual sessions specialising in study skills and exam preparation for students in secondary school
- Practical advice and multi-sensory strategies to help with reading and spelling for younger children
- Consultations for concerned parents, where they can be given the knowledge and confidence to support their dyslexic child at home and at school
- Guidance counselling for the dyslexic struggling with studies and self-esteem
- Initial screening for Irlen Syndrome or Scotopic Sensitivity, a visual perception difficulty that affects the reading of black and white print and concentration. See www.irlen.com to learn more about this sensitivity to the white light spectrum and its treatment with tinted filters
“The sessions are very encouraging and affirming. Your positive approach to dyslexia, where it is not ‘a problem’, has been great.” parent of a child with dyslexia
You can contact Sascha at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep informed of any courses, seminars and possible areas of interest by joining Sascha’s mailing list.